2016 was a decent year comprising the following achievements:
- developed a daily yoga and meditation practice (my most prized achievement this year!)
- started practising stoicism and mindfulness (still a work in progress)
- converted from a “goals-approach” to a “systems-approach” to keeping fit and healthy (thus enabling me to exercise more and develop a healthier diet in an enjoyable and therefore, sustainable, manner)
- spent a lot of quality time with loved ones
- saved S$50,000 in cash
- read up about insurance and upgraded my integrated shield plan
- overcame analysis paralysis and started investing in the STI and some local bonds
- started an Interactive Brokers account
- developed net-worth and expenses tracking systems and habits
- made some peace with working at a job (still a work in progress)
- updated my CV frequently
- finally decided to “step out of the shadows” (hence this blog)
I hope to spend the next few days charting some sort of direction for 2017.
Enjoy the last few days of 2016, everyone!